|Game Name||Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001|
|Console||Sony PlayStation 2|
Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 is a Fighting video game published by Capcom, Sony released on July 16th, 2013 for the Sony PlayStation 2.
Capcom vs. SNK 2 is a fighting game made by Capcom, released in 2001. It boasts a roster of 48 characters which is a noticeable improvement from its predecessor’s 35 characters, which was often criticized as being mostly from Street Fighter or King of Fighters. The game is very much a Capcom fighter while featuring SNK characters, though the team based fights are more akin to KOF, being elimination-style bouts.
The Groove system is a unique feature to CVS2 that is not unlike the style select in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Each is primarily based on a style seen in a previous Capcom or SNK fighter, but it should be noted that they are not exactly the same. Here’s a brief rundown:
- C-Groove: Based on A-ism in Street Fighter Alpha 3.
- A-Groove: Based on V-ism in Street Fighter Alpha 3.
- P-Groove: Based on Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.
- S-Groove: Based on “Extra” mode in KOF ’97/’98.
- N-Groove: Based on “Advanced” mode in KOF ’97/’98.
- K-Groove: Based on Garou: Mark of the Wolves.
CRC = 79595100