|Game Name||Suikoden II [Bug Fix Patched]|
|Game Release||1999-08-31 (22 years ago)|
GS2 Bug Fix Patch v2.02.078
Date: January 3rd, 2019
Credits: Pyriell (creator)
Release Page: https://github.com/pyriell/gs2-bugfixes
Adds 30+ bugfixes to the original USA release.
- Armor Attribute Fixes: Adjusts armor attributes and strips/restores resistances that were applied to incorrect items.
- Badeaux Appears: Badeaux will appear in the castle grounds near the pond behind the library.
- Castle Armory Fix: Prevents the Castle Armory from selling items when the player has insufficient potch.
- Castle Farm Fix: Fixes the Castle Farm module so the player can hand in multiple seeds or animals at one time.
- Chaco Bug Fix: Adds a missing Set Level command to Chaco’s recruit script.
- Circlet Name Correction: Changes “circuret” to “circlet”.
- Collectibles Fix: Repairs errors in the after-battle module that can prevent Recipes, Plans, Window Sets and Sound Sets from dropping.
- Emilia Dialog Fix: Force Emilia to use the Hero’s alias during Greenhill events. Mostly for consistency, as the aliases are abandoned quickly by everyone else.
- Forgiver Sign Fix: Fix display. Forgiver Sign does zero damage, but a huge value is displayed.
- GodSpeed Rune Name Correction: Changes “True Holy” to “Godspeed”.
- Gozz Rune renamed Minotaur Rune: Changes “Gozz” to “Minotaur”.
- Gregminster Rune Shop Fix: Alters a script for the rune shop in Gregminster so only one set of rare finds is available, regardless of where the hero stands.
- Gremio Text Fix: Fixes missing pointers for Gremio dialogues that should appear when you try to leave Banner.
- GS1 Load – Names Fix: Fixes the transfer of the hero and castle Names from the original Genso Suikoden.
- GS1 Load – Rune Import: Patches the broken Rune Import so that characters with unlocked, open slots can transfer runes.
- GS1 Load – Tai Ho Import: Vincent (unplayable in GS1) is removed from the import and import bonuses are added for Tai Ho.
- Inns Fix: Prevent the Inn from healing the party for free.
- Join At 99 Fix: Prevents recruits from joining at level 99 in error.
- Kindness Rune Fix (Penalty): When a character’s invisible Kindness Rating goes below zero the Rune gives a penalty to attack instead of maxing it out.
- Knife Thrower Fix: Adds a custom routine for the Knife-throwing event in Ryube that keeps HP from being zeroed.
- Lamb Fix (Unicorn Woods): Separates the acquired flag for the lamb from the flag for the first chest (can now get both).
- Luca Battle Party-change Fix: The party is emptied but not reformed prior to fighting Luca, allowing the hero to be alone in the back row and effectively invincible. Fix forces the party to reform.
- Matilda Gate Fix: Makes the Matilda Gate immovable.
- Music Fixes: Fix various issues with music and audio.
- North Sparrow Escape Talisman Fix: Prevents using an Escape Talisman in North Sparrow from allowing you to pass the guards, and return to Highland early.
- Rope Climb – Turtle Plans #4: Prevents Turtle Plans #4 from being awarded multiple times by the Rope Climb mini-game.
- Rune Speed Fix: Fixes an intermittent bug that gives healing spells’ temporary speed boost to Rune Unites.
- Rune Unite Fix: Repairs a bug that could allow a single character to participate in multiple Rune Unite spells.
- Scroll Shop Display Fix: Stops the Scroll Shop from displaying the actual Names of unidentified items.
- Tenzan Pass Enemies Fix: Translates the Names of the enemies in Tenzan pass, and adds the formations that contain the Chimera-type monster to the encounter table.
- Tinto Glitch Fix: Fixes a script error that could make it impossible to continue the game during events in Tinto.
- Trade Gossip Translation: Translates the text of the trade gossip, which otherwise appears as a garbage in-game.