|Game Name||Blood of Bahamut (English Patched)|
|Original Title||ブラッド オブ バハムート|
Blood of Bahamut (English Patched) (ブラッド オブ バハムート) is a Action RPG video game published by Square Enix released on August 6, 2009 for the Nintendo DS.
This is the Version: 1.7 of the patch.
Credits: Aaron Chmielowiec, Densetsu, disgaea36.
Review by LordZemus:
After so many years, we can finally play Blood of Bahamut in our emulators and cards, and for the little i’ve played i can assure you that it is a great game from the go.
You play as a group of six characters, each one with its own personal reasons and motivations, but one common goal: To put the Colossi back to slumber. As the intro explains to us, the world is chaotic and a life sucking fog that covered the world forced people to live on the back of slumbering giants, where they built their cities and nations, but now for some unknown reason, the giants have awakened and act with hostility (how would you react if you had a nest of spiders in your hair after waking up?) and that’s the cue for the Summoners, people that posses special abilities and transformation abilities which caused them to be treated as cursed creatures by other people, now they are the only hope of survival.
- It is an action based RPG where you use the stylus to attack and move your character, or if you don’t want to scratch your DS, you can move with the D-pad and A,B,X,Y buttons. You tap the part of the colossus you want to attack and the character will attack that part once for every tap, the closer you are, the more damage you do, but most of the time you will be hitting stone and you must look for weak points called ‘cores’, that’s where it hurts, but they are not easy to hit or spot, therefore, you must interact with your surroundings and use turrets, teleporters and skills to fight the beast and expose it’s weaknesses or break the parts that cover it.
In order to fight properly, you must traverse through the many paths and layouts you see in the upper map that surround the giant as well as fight the minions it sends you to halt your progress.
- After every fight you will be given XP according to your performance and materials, skill-stones, recipes … depending on how many parts of the giant you managed to break, all of this can be used to enhance your abilities and forge new weapons.
- Don’t worry, you can replay the missions as many times as you want to either feel the thrill again or collect the materials you need for that weapon you want to make.The equipment recipes even give you hints of what part of the giant to attack and break in order to get that material.
- If you have pals that also have a rom of the game you can go together, up to 4 players. And if they don’t, blackmail them to play with you, it always works.
- In the game menu you will find these slates if you solve the puzzle, you will be able to face optional and rare Colossi.If you have trouble cracking the code: pay attention to the story and the giants, do it randomly or cheat looking them up on the internet. (I won’t secretly judge you for cheating).
A solid action-RPG that requires speed of though and skill to beat the colossi, who are references to the summons of the Final Fantasy franchise, but aside from the battles and the intermission between each battle, there isn’t anything else other than to fight, (but who cares, right?), if you dig the story and battle, nothing else will matter so what are you waiting for?!? Eren Jaeger?!?
Blood of Bahamut (English Patched) DS ROM Download: