|Game Name||Final Fantasy VI : Advance (Sound Restoration Patched)|
|Publisher||Nintendo, Square Enix|
|Languages||English, French, German, Italian, Spanish|
Final Fantasy VI : Advance (Sound Restoration Patched) is a RPG video game published by Nintendo, Square Enix released on July 6, 2007 for the GameBoy Advance.
This hack changes the following things:
- All non-opera songs of the game sounds identical to their SNES counterparts
- All sound effects sounds identical or close to their SNES counterparts
- The major part of the opera is played by a real orchestra. All the voices part are sung by real singers.
- A surprise awaits for you in the “music player” you get if you beat the game.
Known Bugs (those won’t be fixed)
- There is many known bugs, but unfortunately those were introduced in TOSE, aren’t directly part of the sound engine, and won’t be fixed.
- Sometimes the music has a short gap when it should fade in and/or does not stop to play when it should fade out. Those bugs are already present in the GBA original.
- A section of the intro and ending song do not repeat when they repeat in the original. This is to compensate the fact the game plays faster in “mode-7” sections thanks to the faster sound mixer.
- The sound is not synchronizeed properly with some version of Visual Boy Advance.
- Celes can be hidden behind a pillar during the “duel” section of the opera. This bug is already there in the GBA original, and has nothing to do with the music or sound engine.
- If the language is set to German, the “Opening 1” phase of the opera has the sound in advance to the visuals. This bug is already there in the GBA original.
- The “punch” sound effect is used for most attacks with knives and swords, instead of proper knives and swords sound effects. This bug is already there in the GBA original, and cannot do anything about it, without also affecting the “punch” sound effect used with punches.
Extra Info: There is another fix patch already.
Final Fantasy 6: Advance (Sound Restoration Patched) GBA ROM Download: